Tuesday 3 February 2015

What Famous People Say About Household Chores


       

1. Cleaning the house while your kids are still growing is like shovelling the walk before it stops snowing 

Phyllis Diler


                               



 

2. My second favourite household chore is ironing. My first being hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint. 

Erma Bombeck

 


3. I'm not going to vacuum until Sears makes one you can ride on.

Roseanne Barr


 

4. There was no need to do any housework at all. After the first four years the dirt doesn't get any worse.

Quentin Crisp





 

5. My idea of housework is to sweep the room with a glance. 

Erma Bombeck

 

  

 

6. The best time for planning a book is while you're doing the dishes.

Agatha Christie

 

 

 

7. You don't get anything clean without getting something else dirty.

Cecil Baxter

 

8. When it comes to housework the one thing no book of household management can never tell you is how to begin. Or maybe I mean why.

 Katharine Whitehorn

 

9. My idea of superwoman is someone who scrubs her own floors.  

Bette Midler

 

 

     

10. There is no daily chore so trivial that it cannot be made important by skipping it two days running. 

Robert Brault

                             

 

 

11. Few tasks are more like the torture of Sisyphus than housework, with its endless repetition: the clean becomes soiled, the soiled is made clean, over and over, day after day. 

Simone de Beauvoir

 

 

 

 

12. I am never five minutes into stripping the clutter from my life before I start running into the clutter that is my life. 

Robert Brault


 

13. I always clean before the cleaning lady comes. If not, when I come home, I can't find anything. Cleaning ladies are always hiding the things you leave out 

Celia Cruz

   

 

14. I have sporadic OCD cleaning moments around the house. But then I get lazy and I'm cured. It's a very inconsistent personality trait.

Chris Hemsworth

 

 

 

 

    

15. Dust is a protective coating for fine   furniture 

Mario Buatta

 

 

 

16. Housework can't kill you, but why take a chance? 

Phyllis Diler

 

 

 

 

17. Housework is what a woman does that nobody notices unless she hasn't done it. 

Evan Esar

 

 

18. I hate housework. You make the beds, you wash the dishes and six months later you have you start all over again. 

Joan Rivers

 

 

19. One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries. 

A.A.Milne

No comments:

Post a Comment